Ellis Law Corporation is happy to announce its first scholarship award in favor of students who wish to attain a degree in law. Legal education in this country has never been more competitive or more costly, and it is our goal to help interested candidates realize their potential. Part of this initiative is the promotion of diversity within our law schools and ultimately, our profession.
The Ellis Injury Law Diversity Scholarship Award is for $3,000 available to both undergraduate and law school students who are either members of an ethnic/racial minority OR have shown a strong commitment to diversity issues throughout their education.
Please read on for a more thorough review of eligibility requirements and application procedures.
Who is Eligible?
To be eligible for the scholarship award, candidates must be EITHER:
- A member of an ethnic/racial minority OR
- An individual who has made a demonstrative commitment to diversity issues within his or her school and/or community
ALL candidates must be accepted at, or attending a 4-year college program with the intention of pursuing a legal degree; OR accepted at, or attending an ABA-accredited law school within the United States.
All candidates will also be required to submit a copy of their most current transcript reflecting a minimum 3.0 GPA.
Candidates must submit a 1500-2000 word essay with respect to recent Supreme Court decisions on affirmative action, including answers to the following questions:
- What are your feelings regarding the recent Supreme Court ban on affirmative action in college admissions?
- In your opinion, is affirmative action necessary to promoting diversity within our colleges and universities, and if so, why?
- Are there any alternatives to affirmative action in schools’ efforts to maintain a diverse student body?
The following additional requirements are necessary for all applicants:
- Only emailed submissions will be considered.
- Only Word or PDF attachments will be opened.
- Candidates must include their full name, physical address, email address, and phone number among their application materials.
- Proof of attendance or acceptance at an accredited school as outlined above.
- Proof of a minimum 3.0 GPA from the school you currently attend or most recently attended (copy of official transcript is sufficient).
Scholarship Award: $3,000
- The Diversity Scholarship will be awarded to 3 students. Each student will receive $ 1,000 to be used toward tuition, books or housing at an accredited US undergraduate college program or law school.
- All applications must be received by email on or before December 31, 2014.
- Winners will be announced within 30 business of the application deadline.
All applicants agree that by submitting an application: Ellis injury Law may post essays and any images provided by the applicants on all affiliated firm websites and/or social media platforms.
Please submit any questions to: email@example.com
About Ellis Law Corporation
The Los Angeles personal injury lawyers at Ellis Law Corporation are leading trial lawyers representing victims of negligence, car accidents, truck accidents catastrophic injury and wrongful death. The firm is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and members of American Board of Trial Lawyers.