How we handle the information we gather when you visit our web site.
•Web server activity logs – Like most web servers on the Internet, our servers collect and store all of the information that your web browser sends when it requests a web page, including:
- >The name, domain, and numerical Internet address of the “host” computer (typically a computer belonging to your Internet Service Provider and not your personal computer), from which you access the Internet. For example, your host computer’s name is Harriet and its numerical address is 188.8.131.52;
- >The date and time you accessed our site;
- >The Internet address of the web page from which you accessed the web site;
- >The page you requested from our site and the number of characters sent to your computer; and
- >The information your web browser software sends, as its so-called “User Agent,”, which, typically, identifies the browser software and may also indicate the operating system and type of CPU used in your personal computer.
- >It is impossible to determine the actual identity of an individual user from this information. The logs are periodically summarized and analyzed, in order to study site usage over time and to perform other studies, to help us improve the site’s organization, performance and usefulness.
•Electronic mail – When you send us personal, identifying information, via email, (that is, in a message containing a question or comment or by filling out a form that email’s us this information), we use it to respond to your requests. We may forward your email to individuals who are better able to answer your questions. We do not retain or distribute lists of email addresses to any parties outside of AIGC/AIGCS. In no circumstance, do we distribute lists of email addresses.
•File Transfer Protocol (FTP) – Many AIGC/AIGCS sites, using the file transfer protocol, may also store your email address, if your web browser is configured to provide it. By default most web browser software does not send your email address; this option is configured through your browser preferences. In Netscape Navigator, for example, this option must be set, by you, through the Advanced preferences category, by the item labeled, “Send email address as anonymous FTP password.”
•Online surveys – When you voluntarily provide us with personal information, as part of an online survey, we use it to perform various quantitative and qualitative analyses to improve customer service and satisfaction. You are under no obligation to participate in such surveys. Non-participation will not inhibit your use of our web site in any way. If you provided the information to us in error, you may request its removal at any time.
•Donating – When you voluntarily provide us with personal information, such as name, shipping and billing address and credit card number, when donating online, we use the information to fulfill your order. We may forward the information to other computer systems (such as secure electronic commerce servers), to complete the requested transaction.
•Marketing information – We may collect information from you, with your permission, that will allow us to provide various customer services, such as promotional materials and product or service availability notices. We will remove such information at your request.
Collection and release of gathered information:
We want to make it clear that we will not obtain personal identifying information about you when you visit our web sites, unless you choose to provide such information to us. We do not attempt to identify individual users or share any information we receive, with any parties outside of AIGC/AIGCS. The only exceptions to this are:
- •Officially authorized law enforcement investigations, wherein AIGC/AIGCS has been served with an appropriate warrant, to provide specific information or
- •A suspected attempt to deliberately circumvent our system’s security, with the intent to gain unauthorized access or to do physical damage; for example, an attack by hackers. In this case, collected information associated with a suspected intruder will be provided to the FBI.
Protecting Personal Information:
When donations are made and personal information is collected for payment, we use a secure server. This server is secured by an SSL (Secure Sockets Layer), which encrypts all information you input before it is sent from your web browser to our server. Digital certificates for the American Indian Graduate Center are issued by GoDaddy, a well-established signer of digital certificates.
Retention of collected information:
•Cookies – Some applications may save a “cookie” on your computer’s hard disk, to provide a temporary history of actions taken. A common example is the tracking of items placed in an online “shopping basket.” We do not retain any record of “cookies” beyond what is necessary for running the application.
•Web server activity logs – Monthly extracts of the log files are archived and stored off-line, at our discretion, for an indefinite period of time. Some statistical summaries derived from these data may be retained online or off-line at our discretion for an indefinite period of time.
•Email – Information collected via email will be retained, at our discretion in a directly readable form, for as long as necessary, to complete our response. The email itself may be retained in an archival form.
•Online surveys – Information collected via online surveys may be maintained, at our discretion, for an indefinite period of time.
•Marketing information – Such information may be maintained, at our discretion, for an indefinite period of time.
•All content provided on this web site including, but not limited to button icons, formatting, graphics, images, logos, software and text, is copyrighted by AIGC/AIGCS under United States law and is protected by worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions. Any reproduction, modification, storage in a retrieval system or retransmission, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical or otherwise, for reasons other than personal use, is strictly prohibited, without prior written permission.
•You are welcome to make a link to any of the AIGC/AIGCS web pages published on the Internet. There is no need to request permission.
•Use of the AIGC/AIGCS logo is prohibited without written permission.
Although AIGC/AIGCS does operate a web site sometimes directed to children under 13, we do not collect personal information from children. We do not have actual knowledge that we are collecting personal information from children. If, at a future date, AIGC/AIGCS establishes or provides services on a web site that in anyway meets the criteria of the Act, AIGC/AIGCS will ensure that full compliance is met by AIGC/AIGCS, in every aspect of the Act. Compliance
•AIGC/AIGCS depends on the skills, abilities and commitments of all employees, but also on their integrity and collective common sense. Our employees are involved with our customers, suppliers, fellow employees, shareholders and the community in which we operate.
•AIGC/AIGCS pledges to:
- >Increase customer satisfaction by providing customers with quality products and services that are innovative and responsive to their requirements.
- >Treat our suppliers fairly, honestly and objectively.
- >Treat our employees in a fair and evenhanded manner and foster an office culture that is diverse and based on trust, mutual respect, teamwork and integrity.
- >Aggressively pursue growth and profitability, while always keeping ethical standards in the forefront of our activities.
- >Act ethically and as responsible and responsive corporate citizens, in compliance with the law within the community in which we are members.
•AIGC/AIGCS’s employees are encouraged to seek guidance or to report suspected violations of our standards. All calls are treated confidentially, to the extent permitted under the law.