Opening Date: 02/12/2020
Deadline Date: 03/04/2020
This is a Full Time employment opportunity.
Location of Opportunity: Alexandria, VA
To learn more about NCUA’s history, structure, and diversity please click on the following links:
This position is located in the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO). NCUA is seeking an executive to serve as the Chief Financial Officer .
As the Chief Financial Officer, you will:
- Oversee NCUA’s centralized accounting functions which cross multiple organization lines.
- Serve as the primary advisor and technical expert to the NCUA Board, and the Executive Director’s office on all financial matters related to NCUA.
- Provide overall direction for agency strategic planning, budget formulation and execution, financial operations, performance reporting, procurement, facilities management, and administrative support functions.
- Maintain authority over the agency’s facilities management programs, procurement and acquisition programs, and various administrative services needed to carry out the agency’s business.
- Provide financial reports to the NCUA Board and Executive Director to support recommendations made for the annual budget, establishment of the Operating Fee and Assessment scale, as well the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF) overhead transfer rate.
- Manage accounting operations and maintain adequate internal controls.
- Oversee studies regarding the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund.
- Manage and ensure proper funding for the NCUSIF.
- Oversee the operations and performance of the NCUSIF Investment portfolio and committee.
- Implement and carry out the requirements of the CFO Act (P.L. 101-576).
- Manage the coordination of activities to support the agency-wide financial audit of the operating fund (OF), (NCUSIF), Central Liquidity Facility (CLF), and Community Development Revolving Loan Fund (CDRLF).
- Oversee NCUA financial and managerial reporting process and ensures overall quality control for timely and accurate reporting. This includes the development, maintenance and consistent application of internal control policies and procedures.
- Participate with other office directors during regular and special conferences or serve on special committees to discuss policy and program development.
Occasional travel – To attend or present at seminars and to visit the Regional Offices.
For more information please visit their website.