American Indian Graduate Center is seeking a talented individual for the role of Contract Grant Writer to help us empower Native students pursuing higher education.
Sound like the opportunity for you? Please check out the Request for Proposal for more information.
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECT
The description of the project is as follows:
- Ensure continuity of ongoing grant seeking efforts, under the supervision of the Director of Marketing and Strategic Partnerships.
- Search and vet prospective government, foundation and corporate grant opportunities.
- Assess appropriateness of funding opportunities against organizational and program priorities in consultation with organizational leadership. Participate in available webinars or Q&A sessions offered by grantmaking organizations that help prepare for the grant writing effort, or to clarify rules, guidelines, intent and other relevant parameters.
- Develop grant proposals for those opportunities that best align American Indian Graduate Center’s needs with the opportunity and/or funder’s priorities. Some grant opportunities have already been identified for immediate work, while new opportunities may be identified during the work period by the contractor or American Indian Graduate Center leadership.
- Grant proposal efforts can include but are not limited to: development of narrative to support existing or new program concepts or approaches; development of narrative responses to questions specific to each proposal; compilation, analysis and integration of supporting statistics and research data; formulation or updates to supplemental materials including budgets, budget narratives, executive summaries, staff biographies, and other relevant materials is required. Feedback and collaboration with relevant departments is supported.
- Maintain tracking of grant submission efforts and outcomes.
- Support preparation of grant reports with program staff and direct supervisor.