Spirit Lake Tribe
Devils Lake, ND
Mayville State University
- (2016-Present) Serve as Secretary on the Devils Lake Public School Native American Education Advisory Committee (NAEAC).
We work with and provide input to the administration of DLPS regarding the education for our Native American students. We work to bring awareness of services offered to Native American students and their families.
- (2018-present) I volunteer for my fiancé’s food pantry named Wana Wota (means “Now Come Eat” in Dakota). It is a partner with the Great Plains Food Bank. Events included Pop up food distributions in various local communities and most recently the Farmers 2 Families Food Boxes.
- (2019) Central Middle School Summer Lunch Program (canceled for summer 2020 due to pandemic)
- (2018-2019) Central Middle School Activity Night Volunteer (30+hours for the school year)
- (2015-present) Sweetwater Parent Teacher Organization
- (2019-present) Ramsey County 4-H 4 Leaf Friends
- (2015-2019) Central Middle School Parent Advisory Council
- (2014-present) DLPS Football Booster Club
My name is Lindsey OneBear and I’m an enrolled member of the Spirt Lake Tribe of North Dakota. I am a University Studies student on track to graduate in May 2022 from Mayville State University. I am the first in our family to earn a bachelor’s degree, and I am really praying that my mom gets to see me walk across the stage. My fiancé Patrick and I are parents of four very busy kids, Marius, 17; Quinn, 15; Slaid Helen, 10; and Paisley, 9. We can usually be found at ATA Martial Arts, Ramsey County 4-H, Devils Lake Youth Girls Hockey, or any activity involving our kids or their schools. Patrick (also an AIGC scholar) and I will earn our degrees nine months apart from each other. He graduated from The University of North Dakota in August 2020 with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Social Work. We make a great team and pursue higher education together for our family and for a better future. We want to teach our kids (by our actions) how important education is and that it is NEVER too late!